Apr 27, 2022
Website for this episode:
Will you leave Written Review on Apple Podcasts: https://ordinarysherpa.com/review/
Join the Ordinary Sherpa Facebook Group to interact with other listeners. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ordinarysherpa
Brown signs: defines a local attraction, used universally around the world as I have a listener @amyrunskncoffee on IG who has shared brown signs in South Korea. (Referenced in Episode 041 | Adventure Potential of Brown Signs https://ordinarysherpa.com/041/
My daughter is 10 and has a goal to visit all the national parks before she graduates high school. Here is the list of the parks she has visited and highlights from each. Even though National Park week has past I imagine many are still planning summer park visits so I thought I’d dedicate this episode to “best of national parks” ten year old edition.
Below are the parks my daughter visited, when we visited, and her favorite memory from that visit.
1. Gateway Arch, St. Louis (July 2013): she was asleep for the views from the top, but fireworks under the arch was a highlight
2. Yosemite, California (June 2016) all the waterfalls and climbing on the rocks
3. Cuyahoga, Ohio (June 2018) biking the towpath
4. Smoky Mountains (August 2019) the “llamas” at Roaring Forks
5. Mammoth Caves (August 2019) the squirrel that fell from the tree after our cave tour
6. Saguaro, AZ (Nov 2019) horse camp but was a little scary too when her horse took off
7. Lassen Volcanic, CA (June 2020) hike to boiling lake
8. Crater Lake, OR (June 2020) our June snowball fight
9. Red Woods, CA (June 2020) hiking fern canyon and Lady Bird woods at sunset
10. Kenai Fjords, AK (August 2020) climbing the bluffs and memorable was the massive shift in weather…soaked!
11. Grand Tetons, Wy (Dec 2020) Seeing the moose fighting
12. Congaree, SC (March 2021) the junior ranger scavenger hunt on the boardwalks
13. Hawai’i Volcanoes (June 2021) climbing on lava beds
14. Haleakala, Maui (June 2021) walking in the clouds
15. Channel Islands (June 2021) playing tag in the Eucalyptus grove, seeing dolphins on the boat ride
16. Theodore Roosevelt NP (August 2021) the prairie dogs and sliding down the rocks
17. Wind Cave (August 2021) didn’t tour, the buffalo
18. Badlands National Park (August 2021) climbing up and down the cable ladder on the hike
19. Rocky Mountain National Park (Sept 2021) The baby moose who kept running after us, and all the elk
20. White Sands National Park (Dec 2021) jumping/sliding down the dunes at sunset. The sand was really cold!
Feel free to join the conversation in the Ordinary Sherpa Facebook Group to learn from others or share some of your favorite National Park experiences.
I want to close this episode by saying thank you and highlighting a written review. I have not read a written review in a while and thought this was a great example of what to write. If you have not left a written review, please do. I have an entire tutorial on how to leave a written review on apple podcasts at ordinarysherpa.com/review
This review comes from Hitix006 and it states
“Inspirational, down to earth and energizing
Love the focus on adventure big and small. Heidi is sooo authentic and energizing as she shares her families adventure journey and brings great guests to her passionate community.”
Thank you for those kind words, for tuning in each week and sharing these episodes. It’s what makes this work so energizing. I can’t wait to read your written review next week!